24 Carrot Gold Summit
Middlesbrough Food Summit
26th March 2024
Since Middlesbrough’s first Food Summit – Beyond the Parmo – in 2017, the town became one of a few locations to achieve the Sustainable Food Places Silver Award, and has become a front runner in healthy and sustainable food. Middlesbrough has a thriving good food movement working across the whole food system making good quality, healthy, accessible, and affordable food available to all, and is weaving healthy, sustainable and accessible food into the fabric of the town.
Middlesbrough’s Food Partnership is holding a Food Summit on Tuesday 26th March 2024 to celebrate the amazing projects, initiatives and organisations across the town and what they have achieved. This event will provide replicable best practice, case studies, and a wonderful networking opportunity with amazing people delivering inspirational work.
Book your free place.
There will be a packed agenda on the day including keynote speakers, cooking demonstrations & competitions, workshops, visits to the Tees Food Hub and a local food and history walking tour and a vibrant networking space throughout the day with local food initiatives and projects, local food producer/ Meet the Producer and of course, wonderful food!
The itinerary for the day and more details will follow soon. Please check back here for more information and keep your eye on social media and your email.
Who should attend this event?
Absolutely anybody that is involved or has an interest in food (growing, production, consumption, recycling). This event will be interesting, informative and inspirational, and will provide great networking opportunities with a range of stakeholders from across the food system and the region.
Businesses of all sectors and sizes – this event is for you too! Find out how you:
- can improve the prosperity of Middlesbrough and the region.
- could join a network of organisations and businesses that work to ensure that food is treated as a valuable resource where the production, supply and consumption of food is economically, socially and environmentally sustainable.
- can make a positive contribution to local food issues.
- achieve CSR and deliver social value.
- create local jobs.
- play your part in local and regional initiatives to that will bring about positive change.